Monday, May 27, 2013

Passion

What do you live for? What do you get up for in the morning? What makes you feel important?

In a very vain sense, I value my worth based on how I value the lives of others. I am fascinated at what some people have accomplished in their lives. I read with great curiosity how J.R.R. Tolkien created a masterpiece throughout the course of his life. I see how people like Mark Zuckerberg change the world with a project. These people have something they are passionate about. They spend thousands upon thousands of hours writing books, developing software, creating music, and etc. For the most parts, these endeavors make up a great deal of their lives.  It gives them something to work on and a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. So what is it that I have? I honestly don't know.
I feel I lead a good life and I am extremely blessed at where I am at in my life. But my life greatly consists of going to work and coming home and having no idea how to fill my freetime. I'll go running, I'll go to social events, I'll play some sports, I'll watch TV, I'll read, and other things. But I feel as if I waste so much time. I feel as if I could be doing so much grander things.
The lives of those who do great things are most often in the limelight. We see them change the world and it makes us feel useless that we'll most likely never get out of the middle class. But why do I feel like I have to be always actively pursuing some new goal and learning some new skill.  Can I not be content leading a simple life?

No comments:

Post a Comment